Monday, August 21, 2006

Where is my sweet April???

Do you have a 3 year old? Are they all as stubborn as mine is? Are they all as hard headed, let me do it, let me see how far I can push Mom and Dad before they explode? Or is it just mine?

I really want my sweet girl back. I am so tired of the whining, the crying, the steam coming out of our ears. I hope it is just a phase...please Lord, let it be a phase.

I know at some point, kids are going to test your boundaries to see if you'll let them fudge it. Mark doesn't remember Carl being this bad at 3. It seems like just a week or so ago, April was her normal self, now all the sudden, life has become so very difficult with her. We are trying to remain firm, remain consistant, and I think we are getting really tired of counting from 5 to 1.

My new hours at my job and my new class wear me down enough...I just want to come home and enjoy my family. It is very hard to enjoy a preschooler who is screaming and whining. It really wears us down to the point that we look forward to the quiet at bedtime AFTER she finally falls asleep. Ah....Calgon take me away....

Don't get me wrong. I love my daughter more than life itself, but I cannot wait for this phase to be over. Heaven help us when she is 16......

4 comments:

Marye said...

It is a stage. Not one you can just ignore but still, a normal stage...Ignore what you can. Think of it as practice for teenagers..learn to choose yuor battles carefully. What really matters? Don't be embarrassed by her antics..Don't take it personally. Remember that she will soon be 24 and live 1200 miles away.
DOn't compare her to what other kids are doing or not doing...Pray that you will have discernment to see clearly the path that God has laid out for her so you can train her up in the way she should go...Remember you are teaching, you are shaping....and it is just like God shaping us...slowly, gently, with wisdom, keeping in mind our frailties and with an eye toward who we will be not who we are. Praying for you! you are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hey, i don't care what people say, the age of 3 is MUCH WORSE than the age of 2! But then they calm back down at age 4. It will pass Terry. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

trust me hon, i can totally relate!...

they change so much so quickly :(

hugs to you,
~toni

Jessica said...

No, it's not just yours!!! And you're not the only one that looks forward to bedtime some (OK, most) nights either! 3 is definitely harder than 2. It'll pass...that's what I keep telling myself. Hang in there :)

Jess