haha! Mark told me I hadn't blogged in awhile, and he was right!
We now have a new pastor. Our former pastor had been at our church for 31 years, and felt it was time to retire. So a search committee went about the process to find us a new pastor....
...and they done good!
We really love our new pastor. He is a really neat man with a lot of vision for the future of our church. He is very respectful of our old pastor and knows it might take some time to get into a new pastor frame of mind...but his first two sermons since he started were awesome. I loved them. He is requesting songs from the Worship team to go along with his messages, which is cool as well. (We love the music he asks for!) We had a Super Bowl party which is an annual tradition in our small group, and I thought...why not ask him and his family to come? They came! His wife is very sweet and his kids are great! (He has 5 kids!) The guys all watched the game, the girls played board games, and the kids...well, they were kids! It was a lot of fun.
I am now working full time at the daycare center! I started 2 weeks ago, but have yet to see a 40 hour week...LOL! The nice thing...INSURANCE...but for me only. (drat) I was hoping to get Mark on too...for me, the church I work for will pay 95% of the premium...all I pay is $30 a month, but to add Mark, well, I wouldn't get a check basically and the deductible would be $3,000.
April is getting over strep throat. I am glad none of us has gotten it. She still has a sore throat, but she took the last of her antibiotics today, so we'll see how well Zithromax really works!
Carl has had some exciting stuff going on. In January, he was picked to sing at the Meyerson Symphony Center in an opera as an angel! I got to go see him, but Mark couldn't get off work. Carl was also chosen to sing this month in a Festival Choir concert in Mesquite. He has been practicing weekly with his music teacher and says he even has a special part in it. (To be a surprise for us...) He is now in his second year in the Mesquite Boys Choir, which he seems to really enjoy. For Christmas, we got him a drum kit...he is interested in band next year in junior high, and he has been practicing on it somewhat trying to learn rudiments on the snare. He also gets percussion practice on his Donkey Konga and Donkey Konga 2 games he got for Christmas. He is just so musical.
By the way, in case you don't know....I married a really awesome man. Mark is a gift from God. I feel truly blessed that God led me to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment