Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Update on the Finleys

The kids have almost been in school for 3 weeks now! Carl reminded me the other day that it was almost time for progress reports. It just seems hard to believe that they've been in school that long already.

April signed up for AWANAS this past weekend. She is really good with memory verses. She should do really well with it. She has been having good and bad weeks at McKenzie Elem. Hopefully once the first 6 weeks is over, she will settle into the routine. She is just very loud and she does what she wants to do, which doesn't fly in school. I wish I could home school her. We just need my income too much right now.

Carl is in the 8th grade band at McDonald MS. It should be a more fun year this year than beginner band. It's frustrating being a musician ourself to see Carl sometimes not work up to his potential. I hope the *teenage* years aren't hitting early. If anything is the least bit difficult, he wants to give up and only do what is easy. He should be at an advantage with two parents who have a combined 30+ years of music teaching experience, but if you ask him, it's not a good thing (cause we make him work!!)

Mark has started back to work with his music lessons. He's been working at getting his schedule set up . Since I work so early in the morning, he has the responsibility of getting the kids to school every day.

Me, I am working at the crack of dawn (literally some mornings...lol), so that I can pick up April after school. (Carl rides the bus home) I am still considered "Acting Director" at the daycare center. I lost my Asst. Director a few weeks ago (Hi, AMES!!) when she moved to Lubbock. My afternoon supervisor decided to get married this past weekend and is enjoying being married in Hawaii! Lucky duck. SO I am keeping very busy at work. I am grateful to Meagan and Wendy for helping me open and close the center so that I don't have to been there 11 hours a day. I still wish they had called me the *Interim Director* instead of Acting Director. I sound like I'm an actor in Hollywood or something....lol. Hopefully one of these years I will either get the job or they will hire someone else and I can be the Asst. Director. Until then, I know that God has a plan for me to be there when the center needs me most, so I am praising him (1) for giving me a job and (2) for backing me up with His Wisdom and Grace.

We're keeping watch on Hurricane Ike. Mom and Dad, Michelle, Josh and the kids are down in the Houston area. They know they are always welcome here if they need to be.

Logging off for now. Hope to keep up with the Blog.

No comments: