Here it is...the Friday before the kids go back to school. I can't believe that summer is over and the kids are getting ready to go back to school.
Bought most of the school supplies for April...just missing a couple things. She's starting 2nd grade at Seabourn Elementary in Mesquite. She's got her new Hannah Montana backpack, her kitty cat lunch box, her thermos (for that most important day...ramen noodle soup day) and she is ready to go!
Carl will be starting his Sophomore year at West Mesquite High School and has technically been "back to school" since Aug. 2nd for Band camp, but actual school will be starting on Monday. I bought him basic supplies for the first day of school until we get his actual needs from his teachers. I still need to get him new backpacks (A day and B day backpacks), but I think I waited too late...can't imagine I can get them on Tax Free Weekend...they are probably GONE! Too bad, I saw a burnt orange one that I thought he would like...now if he would only try on his SCHOOL UNIFORM and make sure it fits, Momma would be a very happy camper. He's grown so much over the summer, so I am worried his pants are "high waters now"....I think that his polo shirts should be fine.
The Child Development Center I work at is getting back to school on Monday as well. Let the learning begin! The first 5 years of life are so important...kids learn so fast and they think it is fun and not work, so we try to catch them when we can. I am excited that we have some really good prospective children that will hopefully start next week along with the 3-4 new ones we are already expecting. We'll be above 50 soon if they all enroll! Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment