Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life is keeping me ever so busy...

Hey, I am getting a bit better about blogging than before! Here it is, only a few weeks later. We'll see if that can't improve any.

I have started a blog for the Child Development Center as well. You can find it at www.cdc.stbc.org (click on the blog link) So far, I only have an introductory post and an announcement about our Christmas program. I am hoping to make it a place that people who would like to see our center can go to get an idea of what we are all about. Check it out every so often and keep me on the ball about it. The other big happening for me at work is that I am trying to complete a full Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) for the center. We have always had a generic one, but it isn't good enough. I took a course in in through the Child Care Group, and learned SO MUCH more. So far, I have completed a plan for weather related emergencies that has received the approval of my supervisors! Yay! Next I am working on biohazards and chemical spills. I need to talk to some people from the City of Dallas and maybe even Dallas County about this to get more information on what to expect from them if we were to be in this situation.


Our Mondays and Saturdays have been filled with cheerleading. I suggested to April that maybe she should try either basketball or cheerleading through Upward, and she chose Cheerleading. She is on a squad of 1st and 2nd graders called the Cheetah Girls. There are 6 girls on the squad. They are in the process of learning a pompon routine that will be cute when it is finished. She cheers this Saturday at Mimosa Lane Baptist Church at 8AM if you want to brave the early morning to come out and support her!

Carl is preparing a marimba solo for Solo and Ensemble. We haven't heard it at all at home since we don't have a marimba, but he is practicing it at school and at his Thursday private lessons with Robert Anderson. He is doing very well in school...still a straight A student at West Mesquite HS! We are very proud of him. He's taking Band, 4 GT classes, ASL and a computer class (like autocad, I think...I never can remember) He designed and made us a plastic picture frame for Christmas...all I need is a picture to put in it!



Mark bought his hobby car before Christmas, and he has been so busy with that, as well as his helping his Dad on his 1958 Impala. Mark's baby is a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro. He has been working like CRAZY on it, too, since he bought it on December 22. He says it's his midlife crisis...lol. Like he really is having a midlife crisis. He loves it, loves working on it, and we can't wait to see what it will look like when he's all done with it!

No comments: