I've been trying to freshen up the look of the blog lately. I am still tweeking things, so hopefully I will find something I am satisfied with soon.
Gosh, so much has happened since my last post...March! Well, I turned 43, April turned 7, both kids passed the school year...Carl is now officially a Sophomore! April will be entering 2nd grade in the Fall. Mark and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.
I think the biggest thing that happened since then was Gerald's accident. We really thought we were going to lose him after he took a fall on April 29th. We have no idea why he was outside, but he fell in his driveway that night and the Lord was looking after him when his neighbor saw him through her bathroom window into his house! She called 911. It looked pretty bad at first, and we were prepared for the worst. So prepared, that we began packing our house to move in with him! God was with him through it all, and praise the Lord, Gerald is doing pretty well considering. He is at home, we are not moving in at this time...God performed some mighty miracles and isn't through with him yet. We're trying to get him to put some weight back on and to try to get to the point where he can do things for himself. He'll feed the cats salmon, but won't make his own meals yet...LOL. Guess we've got to take it one thing at a time.
Our good friends, the Nortons, came to Texas in June. We were really happy to see them. Did some sightseeing in Dallas and in Arlington, then drove to San Antonio for several days. Did the Riverwalk and Seaworld (a lot of Seaworld!) and had a great time with our good friends. It was hard to get back to work after that!
I am having a lot of fun this summer with the child care center I work at. We are doing some fun things this summer...we already had a bike day, a pizza day, a wild wet and wacky day and a Chick-fil-a Day....this Friday...Old Fashioned Play Day! Wow, it keeps me busy and on my toes. The kids and the teachers are having fun (at least I hope the teachers are!) I am a little stressed about our numbers, but the Lord is in control. Our numbers are a bit better this summer than last summer, so that is a positive in all of this.
Mark got hired at Shiloh Terrace to do their sound ministry. He does sound for 2 services on Sunday morning and one Sunday night. He will probably also be doing weddings and things like that, too. He just started, so we'll see what is to come. They have a lot of things in place already at the church that he has to learn, but he is so smart and a very fast learner. I bet he'll have things going smoothly in no time at all.
Well, I am off to tinker some more. Hopefully now that I am tinkering with the layout, I'll be on here more often to keep you posted. Have a great summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment