Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day 2009 to my favorite men!

Tomorrow is the day we honor our Dad's. I have to say that there are 4 very special men in my life that are just more than awesome, and I want to honor them in my blog tonight.



First, is my soulmate, Mark Finley. I cannot possibly put into words how blessed I feel that God placed him in my life at the most perfect time. Mark pursued me diligently from the moment he first met me and wouldn't take no for an answer. It was pretty intimidating at first, but I heard God loud and clear at that point in my life. Mark was my tall, dark and handsome from my childhood dreams. He's been the perfect husband for me. He is an awesome Dad to our two children. I love him more than life itself. He is my soulmate, and I will strive to never lose him, except if God chooses to take him before me. Happy father's day, Mark! I love you.



Next, is my wonderful father, Art Herold. Every daughter needs to have a Dad like him. When I was growing up, he was always there for me. He was my dad, my mentor, my coach, my hero. I was the biggest Daddy's girl in the world, and he was wrapped around my little finger so tightly, too. When I would have to make a tough decision, he would encourage me. If it went well, he celebrated with me. If it didn't go as planned, at least I had made the decision. It was always a learning experience. My dad worked very hard for his family. He may not have always enjoyed what he did, but he allowed my Mom to be a stay at home Mom for us. We always had what we needed, and there was always Dad's arms to be around us when we needed a hug or a shoulder to cry on. Thank you, Dad, for raising me the way you did. I am blessed to have you as my Dad, and I could not imagine anyone else being my Dad. They couldn't hold a candle to you. By the way, Happy birthday, Dad! (Today's his birthday, too!)


When I married Mark, I joined a new family and along with that I actually got two new Dad's, Mark's Dad, Gerald Finley, and his step Dad, Bob Homuth. Gerald is a very special man and a real gentleman. He has helped us out so much, and right now Mark is going through a very memorable time with his Dad. Mark is helping his Dad restore his 1958 Chevrolet Impala. Gerald has always been so very kind to me and the kids. He is always genuinely concerned for us and always offers his advice or assistance if we need it. We have enjoyed visits with him lately and sharing his love for Mama's Pizza....the yummiest pizza that I have ever eaten in my life! I love listening to him talk about old times and his friends and anything he wants to talk about.



Bob passed away in 2002, but I will never forget him. He helped us out so much with Carl when we were new parents. If we both got sick or had a weekend job, he would drive 45 minutes to pick up Carl to take him to his house for the day. He would give his right arm for us and loved us so unconditionally like we were his own kids. He was a wonderful grandfather to Carl and Trinity, and I am so sorry that April never got the chance to meet him. (Same for his other grandkids, Nicholas, Logan, Brenna, Tyler and Lilah) After he died, I truly believe he sent down 3 babies to take his place....April born in April 2003, Nicholas born 6 days later in May 2003 and Brenna born in September 2003. All three of his daughter in laws pregnant at the same time....it was just a cool coincidence. We were blessed thrice that year. Bob had a big heart. I really miss him.

I know each and every one of you reading this blog has a husband, a dad or a father in law that is very special to you. I hope they all have a very special Father's Day. The old saying is true....anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: