Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 24


June 24th was the day that the Fantastic Four Finleys was born. Well, actually on that day, we were only 2 Finleys, but we quickly became 3 Finleys within the first 13.5 months of marriage!

June 24th was the day that Mark Finley became my husband. For better or worse. Richer or poorer. In sickness and in health, til death do us part. God blessed me so abundantly on that day. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

I met Mark on October 28, 1994. We were both working at a master class at Vanston MS in Mesquite, TX. I was teaching the trumpet players their all city music, and he was teaching the Tubas. We happened to take our breaks at the same time. He was very nice, but I wasn't feeling very well that day, sipping on some soup. We talked and he managed to get my phone number that night...and well, the rest is history! Those of you that really know Mark know that he doesn't take no for an answer. It wasn't long after we met that he was giving me cards telling me that I was going to be his wife. A few weeks later, well, I fell pretty hard for him, too. We spent our trip back from Thanksgiving at my parents house planning our wedding. We picked out a ring and he "officially" proposed to me on Dec. 26th just after the stroke of midnight. (Well, we already knew we were going to get married!) So June 24, 1995, we were wed at Christ Redeemer Lutheran Church in La Porte, TX.

June 24, 2009 marked our 14th wedding anniversary. I love him more and more every day. He puts up with me, sticks by me through thick and thin, and I cannot possibly put into words what he means to me. He is the answer to prayers and more. God gave me the perfect soulmate when he brought Mark into my life. Mark has stood by me through the good and the bad, and my prayer is that God would continue to shape me into the wife he intended for Mark. Ours is a love that will last a lifetime; a chain unbroken.

No comments: